Turmeric has been well known for a long time already because it has a lot of qualities that can benefit people in terms of health. There are various ways of using turmeric, and extracting oil out of it is one. Extraction pulls out all the beneficial and friendly compounds from the turmeric root.
The turmeric oil can be applied either orally or externally. It has a couple of advantages:
· It is anti-inflammatory. It can be utilized with other essential oils such as Frankincense, Plai, and others, for preventing inflammation, as well as for pain relief.
· There is a substance in turmeric oil that is found beneficial to the liver to keep it healthy.
· Turmeric oil is effective in helping to avoid hair loss, especially male pattern baldness. This is because the turmeric has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory qualities.
· The oil is proven to be effective in making the skin appear younger and prevent signs of skin aging.
· It can stop the formation of gas in the gastrointestinal tract, and overall bring the digestive system in order.
· Both the oil and turmeric itself can help prevent and treat cancer.
· The turmeric oil can help purify blood. It promotes better blood circulation, and is strongly advised for childbirth.
· It is beneficial for women undergoing menstrual issues, as it helps eliminate stagnant blood.
· The oil can eliminate amyloid plaque build-up in the brain, which can prevent and slow the development of Alzheimer’s disease.
· It can be a cure for depression.
· It can help relieve muscle pain, arthritis, and joint pain.
· The oil is highly concentrated; therefore, excessive intake of the oil may cause difficulties.
· Do not take more than 5 drops of turmeric oil in a day.
· The oil is best taken along with water, tea, or honey.
· Do a patch test first before applying turmeric oil directly to the skin.