Macadamia Nut Oil for Healthy Metabolism
Macadamia Nut Oil is very rich in essential fatty acids, which means it is very good for the skin. It is a light weight oil that is very stable. It has a shelf life of up to two years. It is good for the heart because of the perfect balance it has of essential fatty acids. Unlike most oils, it does not have a greasy feeling on the skin, which means it is easy to work with.
Macadamia Nut oil is extracted through the cold pressed extraction process.
Macadamia trees were brought to Europe and Hawaii by the tribes from Australia. These trees thrive in a tropical environment. That is why many people think they are native to Hawaii.
Over thousands of years ago, the Aborigines in Australia were harvesting macadamia nuts. Soon, the trees were brought over to Europe and then Hawaii in 1881. The tribes in Australia were using the oils from the nuts as a way to clean their wounds and to heal their skin from infections and injuries.
Blends Well With
- While the high number of calories the macadamia nut oil has can give you a lot of energy, it can also translate into weight gain and obesity, which also comes with a lot of other health risks.
- In limited cases, macadamia nut oil has been known to cause constipation.
- Some allergic reactions similar to other extracted oils may occur, so consulting a health care professional before making major changes to diet or health supplement regimen is recommended.
Benefits and Uses
- The oil is very effective in regenerating and moisturizing the skin.
- It is anti-inflammatory, which means it is perfect for applying on dry and sensitive skin.
- Macadamia nuts have an extremely high number of calories, which means it can give your body an energy boost.
- The oil has been proved to slow the development of cataracts.
- It can be used as an alternative to traditional shaving oils because of its smooth and anti-inflammatory nature. It can help soothe the skin and moisturize it at the same time, so it is good for using everyday as a shaving oil.
- It can make hair shinier and healthier by mixing it into natural shampoos. It can also strengthen the follicles of the hair to reduce hair loss.
- The oil can be used as an ingredient for a natural lip balm to significantly boost the appearance and health of your lips.