Grape Seed Oil for Arthitis
Grape seed oil is filled with antioxidants and vitamins. Grape seed oil can be used as a carrier oil and a cooking oil.
Because of the vitamins in the oil, it can help to heal wounds, aches, and pains.
Grape Seed oil is extracted from red wine grapes. The grapes are crushed and then very high heat is applied to them. Once solvents are added to the blend, the product will be grape seed carrier oil.
Extracted from red wine grapes, grape seed oil has a vast history and origins from thousands of years ago. Grapes began to grow first in the Mediterranean, but have spread all over the world. From Asia to California, red grapes are one of the most popular fruits in the world.
Ancient medical writings spoke of grape seed oil for quite the health benefits. There is even mention of it in the Bible. Doctors in ancient Europe used the oil to help make ointments for healing cuts and wounds. They would also use the older grapes to help to cure nausea and small pox. Grape seed oil became very popular in the world of music too. In the 1500's, musicians would rub the oil on their brass instruments to help to keep them in use longer.
Blends Well With
When using grape seed oil, do a skin patch test to see if you have any skin sensitivities. If you feel a slight burning, you may have a sensitivity to the oil. If you are unsure, contact your doctor.
Benefits and Uses
- The oil is rich in vitamin E, a fat-soluble antioxidant, meaning it can aid in preventing cell membrane related injuries.
- It can help in healing wounds.
- The oil can help in moisturizing and hydrating the skin.
- The oil has been proven to be beneficial for people suffering from diabetes.
- The oil is good for the heart. It can increase the level of good HDL cholesterol.
- Grape Seed Essential Oil can provide relief against pain and swelling due to arthritis and similar conditions.
- The oil promotes good blood circulation.
- The oil can reduce swelling after an injury.
- The oil can help diminish the sun’s damage to the skin.
- The oil can provide protection against cellular and tissue damage caused by free radicals.
- It can kill colon, lung, breast, stomach, and prostate cancer cells.
- The oil can also treat conditions like dermatitis, acne, allergies, and asthma.
- The oil is rich in vitamins and minerals so it does not cause irritation.