Cymbopogon Citratus Essential Oil for Headache and Mosquitoes
Extraction of Lemongrass Essential Oil
The essential oil is extracted through steam distillation of dried lemongrass, or Cymbopogon Citratus or Andropogon Citratus. The essential oil mainly consists of Citronellal, Myrcene, Neral, Citral, Geranyl Acetate, Nerol, Geraniol, and Limonene.
Description of Lemongrass Essential Oil
The oil smells just like lemons, but it is far less sour and far sweeter. The grass is usually used in beverages, desserts, and other culinary purposes for flavoring, when lemon is too potent a flavor to be used. It is usually used in China or in Thailand.
It has many beneficial properties, such as being an analgesic, antimicrobial, astringent, antidepressant, antiseptic, insecticidal, nervine, sedative, febrifuge, fungicidal, and many more.
Benefits of Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Because it is analgesic, it naturally reduces pain and inflammation. It can relieve muscle and joint pain, as well as headaches and toothaches resulting from viral infections.
- Through its scent, it may cure depression in any shape or form. It can lift one’s spirits no matter how bad anything happened to them, because the oil can improve one’s mood and may fight anxiety. It promotes self-esteem and confidence, and boosts your mental strength.
- It is an astringent, which means that it can stop blood flow by contraction of the blood vessels.
- It can be used as an efficient deodorant without any side effects. It does no harm to your body and to the environment because it is a hundred percent natural, as compared to using deodorants that are artificial and processed.
- The oil is a natural diuretic, which means it can increase your urination, both in quantity and in frequency. This releases excess toxins from your body.
- The most important and most well-known benefit of Lemongrass Oil is its ability to relieve tension and anxiety, and make you sleep better. It can help treat insomnia.