Pumpkin Seed Essential Oil for Reproductive Health
Pumpkins can be found all around the world, excluding Antarctica. Pumpkins are known to be useful for agricultural purposes, and commercial and ornamental purposes as well. The largest producers of pumpkins in the world include The United States, Canada, China, India, and Mexico.
The Native Americans used to dry pumpkin strips and eat them roasted. Pumpkins have been well known for centuries.
Extraction Process of Pumpkin Seed Oil
Pumpkin Seeds are put inside a crusher. After a fine powder is made, this is then wetted. Then there will be a roasting process, then a pressing process where the seed oil is extracted through pressure. This is then refined for impurities and then distributed for everyday use.
North American is the original home of the pumpkin. They were used by Native Americans for hundreds of years. The European explorers brought the seeds to Europe. Pumpkins are also grown in Mexico, India, and China.
Known as "The Green Gold", pumpkin seeds have been a very popular item for many different cultures and civilizations. In the 18th century, many writers were sharing different uses for pumpkin seeds. They spoke of adding it to soups, milk, and even making an oil out of the seeds. In 1773, the Austrian empress spoke of pumpkinseed oil being an item in chemist shops to make different ointments.
In the early 1800's, one of the medicinal uses of pumpkinseed oil was to help to rid the body of parasites and tapeworms.
Blends Well With
Pumpkinseed oil can lower blood pressure, so if you are on blood pressure medication, it is important to talk to your doctor.
It is important to do a skin patch test on your skin when using any new oils.
Benefits and Uses
- The oil can be used as a body moisturizer. It is rich in fatty acids, which means it can be an excellent help in achieving healthy skin. It is also an effective anti-inflammatory. The oil also promotes cell turnover and maintains collagen levels, which means the skin remains firm and youthful.
- Pumpkin seed oil has vitamins A, K, and E, which help strengthen your hair. Aside from protecting your hair protein, the oil can also hydrate your hair, making it shinier and more lustrous. It also promotes hair growth.
- The oil is sometimes used as an ingredient for body washes because it can hydrate your dry skin. The oil has a very faint scent, so it does not overpower any scent that you have, but still gives you a refreshing feeling.
- Pumpkin seed oil can be a very good oil to apply before undergoing a facial. It is said to open and soften the pores when mixed with Vitamin E. It is also said to prove antioxidant support.
- The oil contains a lot of minerals that support hormonal and reproductive health.
- It can be used as a dressing for your salad.