Avocado Oil for Healthy Heart
Avocado oil is one of the thickest and healthiest carrier oils on the market today. It is amazing for the skin because of the vitamins and minerals it contains.
Because of its very high levels of oleic and linoleum fatty acids, it makes a wonderful anti-inflammatory and helps to get to rid of skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
This oil comes from the fruit of the avocado tree. It is cold pressed from the pulp and then refined.
The Aztecs first used avocado in their meals and healing rituals. It is reported that avocado trees were first grown in Mexico and Central and South America. To the Aztecs, the avocado was known as a fertility fruit.
Avocados have been used since 5000 B.C. in food preparation, health, and beauty. They were used as masks for the Aztecs, Incas, and Mayans. The Mayans also used them to prevent parasites and help their hair to grow long and soft.
Between 1830 and 1880, avocado trees were introduced to Hawaii, Florida, and California. In the 20th century, scientists helped to develop new types of trees that could grow faster to help the farmers produce more fruit.
In France, there is even a drug given to arthritis patients that has avocado oil as its main ingredient.
Blends Well With
When using new oils, it is always a good idea to do a skin patch test to see if you show any signs of sensitivity to the oil. Do not ingest this oil unless you are told it is safe by a doctor or certified aromatherapist.
Benefits and Uses
- The oil has a lot of healthy fats, including essential fatty acids and oleic acid.
- Research shows that the oil can prevent obesity, high triglyceride, high cholesterol, and diabetes.
- The oil can lower blood pressure because it contains monounsaturated fats. When eaten in moderation, it can replace the saturated fat and trans fat in a diet.
- Avocado Essential Oil can ease symptoms of arthritis.
- The oil can treat psoriasis, eczema, and other skin problems because it contains vitamin B12, which makes it a long term treatment for conditions of the skin.
- The oil can promote nutrient absorption.
- The oil is effective in keeping the heart healthy because of its anti-inflammatory nature.
- Avocado Essential Oil can improve digestion. It can also prevent conditions such as heart burn, high amounts of gas, bloating, or even just feeling tired all the time.
- The oil can help you lose weight, especially when combined with a balanced diet and exercise.
- The oil can detoxify the body. It can remove lead and mercury from organs such as lungs, liver, brain, and the like.